Monday, June 22, 2009

Thing #8

I have never ever seen a "cc" on anything. I think that Creative Commons will influence the creativity of students in the future. It seems like it will allow them to use so many more resources to develop projects. I do go to web sites and use their pictures, videos, and activities to teach lessons to my students but I rarely share content on the web. My teaching materials are mostly books, manuals, and kits owned by various authors and creators. For instance, my Phonics curriculum is owned by Fontas and Pinnel, I do believe. I can't think of any negatives for using Creative Commons. I can't wait to start using Flickr myself. I think we have a "thing" on that don't we?

One last comment, as teachers Creative Commons seems to allow us to create new and motivational lessons without the fear of copyright infringement. I think that will only benefit the students in the end. It makes it seem like only the sky is the limit!

No comments:

Post a Comment