Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thing #17

I listened to several podcasts. I listened to a few podcasts from PBS because I have a lot of respect for Public Broadcasting. I subscribed to John Merrow"s weekly cast in my reader. Several of the podcasts were just to difficult to try and listen to, you have to subscribe to some new site or download something and I just didn't fell like it was worth it. I found some bedtimes stories that were easy to access through the Education Podcast Network, Miette's bedtime stories, but they weren't bedtime stories for students. Her voice reading would put me to sleep though. But it gave me an idea to try to find some stories for my students. I found a Learn a Song site that podcasts songs and it has the text on the screen. Here is Baa-Baa Black Sheep. I should be able to access this song off my blog and then find others for our Fluency songs and poems in CSI. I can then put it up on the Promethean board and the kids can see the words as well as listen to the pod to learn how to sing the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment