Saturday, July 11, 2009

Thing #21

I have explored the Google tools. I had no idea they had so many tools available. Before this class I just thought Google was a search engine. I had heard of Google docs and my principal has used them a couple of times and I will no doubt be seeing more of them in the future, but I just can't see myself using them. Never say never though right?

I added Cowboys Stadium as a Google alert. I have recently landed a job as a Suite Server at the stadium and will be working the Cowboy games. I can also work the concerts and events (Paul McCartney is coming August 19th, how cool?). I am hoping that by setting up the alert I will see new events as they are added. After adding the alert I checked my e-mail and haven't gotten anything yet. Maybe it takes a day. So.....I don't know how to link that. Well, as I was looking around my google account I looked at manage alerts and was able to add the alert.

I like the iGoogle page much better than my Yahoo home page but it won't link here. The iGoogle home page seems to have a lot more things that I would be interested in keeping up with.

I am going to use this calendar rather than the calendar I found in the Thing 12. I will use this calendar this coming school year. I can edit it from any computer. Home, school, computer lab, or anywhere else. This should be very helpful for this upcoming school year. I am going to keep working with the calendar but want to get this blog over with!

No comments:

Post a Comment