Saturday, July 11, 2009

Thing #22

I have both a My Space and Facebook account. I don't visit my My Space account very often but as far as my Facebook account goes, it is one of the best parts of my life right now. I see no educational value in it for my Kindergartners and feel that it is just not appropriate for 5 year old at all. All I can do here is report a couple of my ABSOLUTELY AMAZING experiences on Facebook. I have connected with several of my fellow teachers and we stay connected through the account. It seems like it brings me closer to them through their comments and pictures. It is just plan fun. But, the most amazing parts are the following: I lived in Aspen, Colorado in the ski season of 1989/99. I was a maid at a hotel there. I had just the best time of my life. I had a roommate from Sweden. Her name is Asa Cronheden. After the season was over, she came back to Oklahoma and our plan was to look for our next adventure. Well, she meet a boy. I started school and yada yada yada. I think you can probably guess what happens now. Yes! She found me on Facebook some 20 years later. I just think that is amazing! She is living in Sweden and I would have never been able to find her because I didn't remember her last name but she found me. CRAZY!!!!! I have had another friend from Louisiana find me and several friends from high school. Since I am recently divorced it has truly been a godsend!

No comments:

Post a Comment