Saturday, July 11, 2009

Thing #7b

I really haven't been that overwhelmed by the feeds to my reader lately. I have kept them to a minimum in the first place and still enjoy the feeds of others blogs the most but did find an interesting article to share. Will Richardson posted a blog about Digital Inclusion. It resonates with me because including more technology into my classroom is exactly what I am trying to do with this class and other classes I have taken this summer. The blog is mainly about the issue of its not what can all this technology add to education but rather what can education add to tools that are available. That it is up to parents, educators, and the school systems to demand something new. I really need to find a way and start looking at ways to help even my Kindergarteners to become more a part of the tools that are available. I think I can do this with the knowledge that I am gaining in this class through exploration and discussion. I can't wait to explore more while my students watch on the "big Promethean board". I think it will be awesome to see what they might start doing on their own. Between this class and my new Promethean board I think I can lead my students into 21st Century Learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment